Summer I of the COVID-19 era: Live your most supportive summer
24 July 2020
The holiday period is ideal for participating in solidarity activities that are difficult to carry out during the rest of the year due to lack of time. Volunteering, NGO practices, integration camps, are some of the most typical solidarity options of the summer period.
However this year we live a different summer marked by COVID-19, and many of these solidarity activities are not an option.
If you want to live a solidarity summer and put your grain of sand to help those most in need, from migranodearena we propose you to become an ambassador for a social cause and create a solidarity challenge in favor of an NGO.
Any excuse is good to carry it out. Here are some ideas, and examples to get you inspired:
1.- Celebration: Is this summer your birthday or are you celebrating your wedding anniversary? If so, you can ask that instead of gifts, your family and friends make donations to your challenge.
- Iñaki, on the occasion of his birthday on March 29, created a solidarity challenge in favor of Joy without Borders with which he managed to raise € 2,764 that were allocated to the health personnel of the Gambo Hospital in Ethiopia.
- Mario, with his solidarity challenge, wanted to celebrate that he had passed COVID-19. Thanks to their challenge Medicos sin Fronteras received € 5,000
2.- Solidarity Sport: are you an athlete who likes challenges? Set yourself a sporting challenge this summer (climb a mountain, run 5, 10, 20, 40 kms running, swimming ...), add a solidarity motivation and live an authentic experience of effort, improvement and personal satisfaction
- Antonio, Eduardo and Rodrigo have proposed this summer to cross the Peninsula by mountain bike from Vilafranca de Penedés, passing through 14 designations of origin for wine (1,200 km). With this adventure they want to raise funds for the fight against SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy). Their objective is to get 6,100 euros (5 euros per km), for this they have created a solidarity challenge. Will they succeed?
- In the face of the health crisis, the volunteers of the NGO PSE for the Smile of a Child have proposed to travel the equivalent of the distance that exists between Madrid and Phenom Penh (13,000 km) in five weeks, in order to raise funds and send aid. food to the poorest families in Cambodia. This year they will not be able to travel to Cambodia to help, but they have managed to collect between all 45,194 euros.! with his solidarity challenge.
3.- Solidarity friends and family: Do you have many friends and a great power of conviction? Become a founder and mobilize your environment for a social cause.
- Marta and Marc met the NGO Kalipey during a trip they made to the Philippines. When they learned that the NGO's continuity was in danger due to COVID-19, they decided to create a solidarity challenge to avoid having to close and leave the children it welcomes on the street. Thanks to them, € 10,450 was raised and they have guaranteed the survival of the NGO for a few months.
4.- In memoriam: Have you lost a loved one recently? Creating a solidary challenge in his memory is the best tribute you can do to him and will help you overcome the loss.