Collected

1.530€

To benefit

Copy code
Code copied
Donate

Moringa: the best weapon against malnutrition

Moringa is a superfood with the potential to alleviate malnutrition. In this project we promote its cultivation, processing and marketing.

Collected

1.530€

Goal

4.000€

Donations

29

Left

Finished

38%

In support of

Category

Salud Igualdad de genero Cooperación internacional Derechos Humanos

Share this event

Copy code
Code copied

Published: 13 May 2022

Help us to start up our new project! Thanks to the call Viña Ardanza Solidario 2022 of the company Rioja Alta S.A., we have obtained funding to carry out a very promising and exciting project.

Moringa is a very productive, versatile and, most importantly, nutritious tree. Its leaves, seeds, branches and even its roots can be consumed, and are very rich in vitamins and minerals. In particular, it can help to improve iron deficiency anaemia due to its high iron content. It can also serve as a raw material for further processed products such as dry leaf powder, high quality oils, livestock feed and fertilisers. Tree plantations also promote soil stability and help to alleviate deforestation and aridification.

On our upcoming trip to Senegal, we will work with our partner to set up three moringa plantations in Nguéniène and will conduct professional training and awareness-raising activities to highlight the importance of a healthy diet. In three months, the harvest will begin, and with it two very important processes that will improve the lives of the women we work with: the transformation of the moringa and its subsequent commercialisation through a new cooperative. This project will bring nutritious food to the community while providing a livelihood for the women of Nguéniène. After a couple of years, the project will be self-sustainable and will allow families in this region to have a continuous income.

Now more than ever, we need your help! The funding we have received covers 80% of the project, but Cultivalia Senegaal will finance the remaining 20%. Our resources are very limited, and we need a boost so that we don't have to slow down the other projects we have underway, while we give energy to this new project.

Cultivalia Senegaal es una joven asociación sin ánimo de lucro que trabaja en cooperación internacional, y que actualmente destina el 100% del presupuesto recaudado a la realización de proyectos en el terreno.

Cultivalia Senegaal trabaja para que las comunidades rurales más desfavorecidas de Senegal mejoren su calidad de vida gracias al acceso a una dieta equilibrada, a través de una agricultura y ganaderia sostenible y productiva.

Para ello, trabaja en tres ejes estratégicos: diversificación de cultivos, modernización y tecnificación de la agricultura y formación en nutrición y agricultura a las comunidades rurales.

Cultivalia Senegaal cree que todos los agentes de las sociedad deben implicarse en combatir las desigualdades e incrementar la seguridad alimentaria de los colectivos más desfavorecidos. Por esta razón, tratan de implicar a centros de investigación, empresas y universidades en sus proyectos, tanto a nivel institucional como individual.

Donators (29)

Cristina

100€

17 days ago

Lola

75€

18 days ago

Anonymous

Hidden donation

19 days ago

Elena

50€

19 days ago

Marta

50€

20 days ago

Sara

50€

20 days ago

Marta

35€

20 days ago

Fernanda

50€

25 days ago

Carla

100€

29 days ago

Elisabet Laia

20€

29 days ago

Adrian

150€

31 days ago

Samuel

35€

33 days ago

Carlos

20€

33 days ago

Adriana

35€

34 days ago

Mr. Bø

50€

34 days ago

Alicia

70€

39 days ago

Elena

100€

41 days ago

Maria Laura

Hidden donation

41 days ago

Javier

35€

43 days ago

Eduardo

100€

43 days ago

Magda

35€

44 days ago

Eulalia

50€

45 days ago

Belén

35€

45 days ago

Evangelina

35€

45 days ago

Alvaro ortiz

35€

45 days ago

Laura

50€

46 days ago

MARTA ESPERANZA

50€

46 days ago

Verònica

35€

46 days ago

See more donators

Comments (5)

Elena

19 days ago

¡Venga que se puede!

Marta

20 days ago

Me encanta que vayáis a la raíz, dando soluciones y no se plantee como caridad. Gracias

Fernanda

25 days ago

Enhorabuena x el trabajo que haceis

Elisabet Laia

29 days ago

Gracias por vuestra implicación y mucha suerte con el proyecto!

Siempre sumando!!!!!

Sponsors